Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Helping out

So Luke was a huge help today as I rearranged a bedroom into a playroom. As you can see, he had a lot more fun playing peek-a-boo from inside the closet than helping me move furniture. I had more fun doing that, too!

Actually, though, I am really happy with the room now. He has easy access to lots of different toys and it is nice to have the room organized.


His feet are cute, plus I wanted to get a photo of the box that he kept climbing into trying to reach a frame that he was interested in...He is very interested in climbing. I had a brainy idea to make a table "Luke height" so I propped a folding table up on two cinder blocks (with pillows around them). I imagined we could stack blocks, maybe start coloring or doing simple art projects. Well, Luke just wanted to climb up and down off of it taking a second to sit on it and then take a header off of it and start over. The table has now been dismantled.

I really like how his face changes as he gets bigger and realizes that he can manipulate his expressions. I think he looks like a grown man in the first picture.

He also is getting really good at an amazingly cheesy huge smile when he gets something he is after (esp. if it is something he probably isn't supposed to have!) He knows that if he smiles big, everyone will smile with him and he might get to hold onto the forbidden item for a moment longer - smart boy ;)

Please know that the bruise on his head is healing quickly and nicely. It is hard to look at, but you can see that it doesn't slow him down or keep a smile off of his face.

No comments: