Monday, October 13, 2008

Oral care

I found this mesh feeder that I had read about and tried it out with some fresh banana inside. Luke was really into it, but the banana got all over everything...This thing is basically a ring attached to a mesh compartment for the food to go in and only little pieces come out for the baby to eat. I bought two b/c I wasn't sure how it would work and am glad that I did...this one got thrown away I don't have the patience to clean banana pieces out of mesh netting and soaking and the dishwasher didn't work either. I think we will stick to putting ice in the other one if we try it again.
We went to the Terrier game Friday night and made a lot of people smile (well Luke did!) His Polamalu jersey was a hit and I will take the blame for the high waisted pants. He didn't have any other ones that matched and it was chilly...sorry in advance Luke for when you see this pic at 14 yrs. old and ask what the heck were you thinking, mom? He loved seeing Uncle Glenn and all of the action obviously wore him out.
My mom raised me to really take care of and appreciate your teeth. It makes wonderful sense, then, that Luke's first toothbrush is a gift from Gma Jackie! He loves playing with it and it is good for him to get used to one. You can see his two bottom teeth in one of the pics, and I think more are on the way. I asked my hygienist at my last appointment about when children should come in and she said around 3 years old...it is basically a play date so that they are not scared of the dentist. I have also heard that sippy cups should basically only contain water b/c juice/milk etc...just helps rot teeth when kids are constantly taking sips of them.

This pic is purely for Steve and I to kind of look at and be amazed. The onesie is the one that Luke wore in his picture for the hospital when he was first born..it was big on him. The diaper is a size 3 Pamper. He just started wearing them tonight....Babies are amazing.
It has been great to have a 4 day weekend with Steve. We had a nice visit with Glenn - my conference tourney is over...just a few days left for tennis and then I get to be a full time mom :) and Luke is feeling better after a freaky night on Saturday of not feeling well (I am blaming the teeth?) We walked with the dogs on Sunday at the lake and that seemed to help him feel better. Countdown to Aunt Shannon's wedding is on - good times ahead!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have seen those mesh things, but have not gotten one. I guess they are a mess. Lucas is getting better at grabbing the food off the high chair and getting it in his mouth. Luke is getting so big, he is so darling.