Tuesday, October 7, 2008

dream child

Is this an example of why we love little boys or what? I am leaving the library today, and I hear a couple of young boys talking on their way out behind me.

Boy One: I am going to go home and sit down and eat some chips.
Boy Two: I am going to go home and sit, but it isnt going to be on any seat - it is going to be on a toilet!
Boy One: chuckle...

I laughed out loud and turned around to see these two cute little 11 or 12 year old boys comparing cell phones and waiting for their rides. I hope the fun of this whole exchange got through to you....

Luke and his singing frog...It sings "My Girl" and he loves this guy...from The Gift Garden :) Thanks Susan - You knew what he would like before he even showed up!
Luna post hike...she was clean but she didn't like it I guess - or else she just wanted me to towel her off and brush her again - which I did :)
Interesting spider outside of our front window. Has anyone seen this kind of spider before?

I had a dream last night that was so vivid and seemingly real that I woke up and thought it happened. I dreamt that Luke was walking (at his current age and size) and that he was just a wild man. He was opening drawers, checking out everything at full speed and then he would just collapse into a nap. It was actually pretty neat. I can never describe dreams to the detail that they seemed, but it was a good preview as to what he will be like in a few more months.
He got to visit with Aunt Ellen and Uncle Mike for a while last night (I have a really cute picture of them together but Ellen wouldn't allow me to post her on this site!) It was fun to see them and Luke was really interested in listening to them tell stories and talk. When we get together the volume level seems to rise and I think he was intrigued with that. Love you Mike and El! Thanks for coming by :)
Today has been a GREAT day. Our tennis match got cancelled so I have gotten to spend the whole day with Luke, not only is that fun, but it has been wonderful not thinking about when he ate last or when he should eat again for when Gma or Daddy have him. It is going to be SPECTACULAR to enjoy the days with him full time once the season ends in a couple of weeks. Tennis has been good, though, and Luke has been fortunate to get lots of quality time with Gma Susan.
Last weekend was really fun. I played in a fundraiser tennis tournament at SIU which was a good time on a BEAUTIFUL day on Saturday and got to go on a date with Steve that night. Thanks again to Gma Susan and Gpa Paul for watching Luke while Steve and I enjoyed some time together. Sunday Luke and I took Gma Jackie and the dogs on a hike at the lake which was really fun. It was lovely out, and everyone enjoyed the outdoor time. I have posted a pic of my beautiful black lab, Luna after she got home from swimming. She was brushed and dry and shiny and then she rolled in the dirt and turned brown...what a dear :)

I am probably missing something - but I need to put groceries away before Luke wakes up...Life is good - AND the Red Sox are one step closer to the world series - yippee

No comments: