Thursday, November 3, 2011

Date Night

With this little dude! When I picked Luke up yesterday, we decided to take advantage of a beautiful NOVEMBER day and head to the park. It was crowded in a good way and after being there a bit, I noticed one of Luke's friends from school, Keira, arriving. I told Luke she was there and he froze with excitement. When he turned around, he froze again with delight. As Keira noticed Luke, she yelled his name, threw her arms out around her and ran in his direction. I watched Luke's smile grow, told him he could go to her and he instantly un-froze, threw his arms out and ran to her. They embraced as if they hadn't seen each other in days, weeks, months, even, instead of just an hour before at school. It was a moment.

The next hour consisted of Luke trying to keep up with all of Keira's chosen park activities. He loved every minute of it and I am pretty sure she did, too.


After the park, we went to a favorite pizza place and enjoyed a long, lazy dinner together. He was so good. We sat together at a booth for over an hour enjoying salad (only me, because veggies are 'yucky')pizza, cheese bread and a little ice cream. My favorite moment of the night was when I asked him if he wanted to tell me anything about his day. Luke looked at me, thought for a moment and then said "Not yet, mommy. I am trying to eat this pizza" Priorities.


The photo above is of Luke eating a gummy hamburger candy. I hope that my Aunt Ellen sees this because he thought it was the funniest thing, and I remember her introducing me to these silly candies years ago. I know she would be proud of his candy selection from the Halloween loot last night.



No comments: