Monday, May 23, 2011

Cake and some gum in the hair

Here is the gum that Luke wanted to save for later. Unfortunately, he saved it in his hair. Luckily he has enough that you can't even tell where I cut!

Yesterday we made the day an occasion by baking a cake. Luke really helped me. He broke the eggs, poured the water and oil, listened to my very exciting explanation of measuring cups and then poured the mix in as well. He helped me stir a bit until he wanted to lick the whisk...


Then the fun began! ICING...He did help me tap the cake out of the pan and worked diligently on his icing part until he and Daddy tried to race to see who could eat more of the extra icing. It was really a fun time.




Luke kept telling me Happy Birthday because we were talking about when birthdays in our house occur and he grasped that mine is next. He also kept saying "This is the best birthday cake you have ever seen mommy!" He also said he wants to have three birthday parties at his next birthday. He will probably remember that :)


I gave him the sprinkles to decorate with, and he dumped them right in the middle. He was more focused on getting to eat than making it look pretty :)




I love these two! This photo is a great reminder about the importance of baking cakes once in a while!

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

I want some of that cake!!