Friday, September 17, 2010

So, today was the Apple Festival kids & pets parade (I am not sure about the combo but I didn't make the rules)

I picked my mom up after a stop at Sonic happy hour for a couple of drinks for us and we made it over to the starting spot in time to wait, oh, about an hour for the kids to show up on the float. TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!





The kids were dressed as a variety of apples and Luke's teacher, Miss Amber, was Johnny Appleseed. Cute, eh? and educational! They had snacks and drinks before the parade started which seemed to keep them all happy, but then Luke just started crying so I held him and climbed into the float for him to sit on my lap. Bliss. He waved, he clapped, we both had a good time. Gma Jackie was a champ about walking the mile parade route and snapping a few fun photos for us. Thanks, Mom!






Luke clapped the loudest and cheered the most when he saw DADDY...then he just yelled at him until the parade was over and he was able to jump into DADDY'S arms. Luke is a lucky boy, but we are the luckiest parents.

Uncle Glenn came for a wild football game tonight-we won!-and when he was visiting with Luke on the deck tonight (while L played golf, of course) Glenn asked Luke who his best friend is....Luke thought a second and said 'MOMMY' I melted. And Glenn said, no Luke who do you play with...who is your friend. I was still a puddle on the floor so I just ignored the rest of the conversation. He is sleeping in underwear tonight thanks to Gma Jackie so let's just keep our fingers crossed. He had a wonderful date night with her tonight. Spegetti and a tour of a restaurant kitchen to see how pizza is made! I feel extremely and genuinely fortunate to be healthy and have such an amazing (and healthy) family. Thankful is my word of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetest Golden Delicious Apple I ever saw!!!

Great new look to the blog!

Love Grandma Jackie