Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Three Things

No pictures because I am writing this quickly before it leaves me while I am at work. Our computer person is probably going to turn me in for personal computer use, but maybe I will just get a warning.

1. Sunday night before Luke's first full day of school, I read him two Tonka truck stories (he is really into tow trucks right now - he will even say winch when the book describes that part of the truck) and then Curious George Goes To School. I told him after George, it was night night time and he said 'yeah' so we read all cuddled up. After the last story, I said I was going to give him a hug and put him in bed. Luke had other plans. He slid off of my lap, jumped into his bed, snuggled Tigger, closed his eyes and said 'night night'. I melted and then kissed him anyway, which he promptly wiped off of his cheek. I love seeing him 'grow up'. School is going wonderfully well, by the way.

2. Last night, I put him down with only a night light and closed his door half way. He went down easily, but when I looked down the hall his door was totally closed and I could see that he had turned his floor lamp all the way on and was likely back in his chair reading more stories. Daddy had to turn his lights off and sit in his room before he would settle down :)

3. This morning he woke up at 6:45, came in our room looking sweet and sleepy and promply grabbed my phone and started pushing buttons with a smile on his face. I asked him if he wanted to get in bed with us and he just paused long enough to look at me and say 'shhhhhh'. I guess we know who is in charge!

4. (Okay, four things) Luna is doing so great. She even used the doggy door today which scared me b/c I don't want her to rip any stitches out...She is ready to be back to being queen of the house, though and seems to be done with any special treatment. Dogs are amazing, and Luna is like no other.

5. I love being back at work. I love, love, love it.