Thursday, August 5, 2010

Because sometimes you just need to get flour on your feet


I go back to work on Monday. Life will be busier and faster, but I am looking forward to the change.

The past few weeks I have been quick to note any little area that I am not doing 'enough'. Is Steve happy and feeling cared for? Are the dogs happy and exercised? Is Luna getting the care she needs for her leg? Am I cooking enough and keeping the house clean enough? Is Luke getting enough books/good food/love/variety of activities, etc...The list goes on. Created drama, anyone?

None of those thoughts are helpful. They are actually just silly and a waste of time & energy. I am sure that they will continue to rear their ugly head once in a while, but I am just going to remind myself that I do enough and I am enough! Instead of making a list of things I didn't do well enough, maybe it would be wise to think of the things that I did do and of the great little things that happened each day...

Speaking of...I have been happily soaking up this Luke week and here are a few pictures of our adventure in zucchini bread making (which actually turned out quite good)








No comments: