Sunday, August 22, 2010

Confession

Last Sunday afternoon Steve was getting some much needed rest, I had lunch with Luke, we played, we read and I put him down for his nap. I hung around the house long enough for him to be put back to bed two times then noticed that the room was TOTALLY QUIET before I left to go to work for a couple of hours. I left about 2:40, left Steve a note about when I would be home and when I expected Luke to wake up. On my way to work, I thought that I would maybe get a call with some kind of strange news, and I did. Steve called and said that he woke up about 3:00 because he thought Star was going in and out of the doggy door and he didn't know why. So...he got up to check on things and here is what he found---

Yeah, Luke had gotten out of his room, trotted over to the swivel bar stool of his choice, climbed on top, gotten on top of the bar, walked over to the sink, balanced beamed it across the sink and reached his destination by the microwave where Steve found him happily chewing gum. I think the hatbox was a first attempt to get up on the bar...

Lesson: Make sure your child is really sleeping before you leave the house!
Lesson: Be thankful that you have a husband that doesn't call you irresponsible, but just says that we are in a new phase of parenting
Lesson: Kids really are so cool.
Lesson: Next time you chew a piece of gum, smile.

Steve got officially approved by the Board to be the Superintendent from July 2011 - June 2014. Go Steve!

In other news, Luna's tumor came back as the 'bad' cancer. We are hopeful that the amputation got it all. We are choosing not to treat her with chemo. We are thankful she is with us now. She is going to be spoiled with love and good food and fun for the rest of her days.

In other other news, Star had a magic moment this weekend when she tracked and CAUGHT a chipmunk. I should feel some pity for the little rodent, but they (and the wicked squirrels too) taunt the dogs so much. So I say, GO STAR! Enjoy your moment.

In my news, yesterday wore me out. I needed a good night's sleep to give me my normal outlook on life back (which is generally cheerful) This morning my spirit was lifted dramatically by spending a couple of hours swimming in the lake with my sweet boy.

That is all. It has been a relaxing, restful and happy Sunday. Just the medicine for our crew. It is also Gma Susan's and Gpa Paul's FORTIETH ANNIVERSARY!

1 comment:

Amber Webel said...

Ha! A little scary, but too funny.

Congrats to Steve (and you!) for being named Superintendent. That will be such a good thing for CCHS!