Saturday, November 7, 2009

What do I do with myself?

Steve had a conference on Thursday near St. Louis and asked me to go up with him Wednesday night. Hey, fun time with my hubby, I am in. Gma Susan was on board to watch Luke so we were all set.

I seem to be developing a heightened sense of anxiety when I plan to leave Luke. Once I do it, I am fine, but getting to the drop off point generally creates a bit of a freak out for me.

The entire idea of being anxious to leave him is natural, but we are letting him spend time with his grandparents, for goodness sake, so you would think I could just get a grip.

The whole overnight into next day was great for everyone and I am so thrilled I got to spend time with Steve and alone with myself.

Gma Susan, if you are reading, thanks for putting up with my notes and lists and schedules. Luke is so blessed to have you and Gpa Paul in his life. He has a wonderful time with you both anytime that he sees you! My dad even noticed on Halloween that he cried when you left. Dad said he suspects Luke gets treated pretty great at your house, and Steve and I told him he was RIGHT!

So, while Luke enjoyed Gma's wonderful cooking, played the piano, visited friends and fell asleep reading...



I enjoyed lounging in a hotel room that I didn't have to clean or make the bed, etc...ate a late breakfast, read a little, took a super long bubble bath and then headed to the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis.

It was a glorious day to be there. Sunny, crisp, completely UNcrowded. I just savored the beauty, found a great secluded bench to finish my book while the sun warmed me, and admired a motorized vehicle that I just knew Luke would have been interested in.


I really like spending time alone, and the day was a real treat. I have to admit, though, it was really fun to see Steve at the end of the afternoon, and we were both SO EXCITED to pick Luke up and be in our own house (where I do have to pick up and make the beds - worth it!)

No comments: