Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cache River Recreation Area

The weather was still nice and mild last weekend. Steve had an adventure planned and once we were all up, dressed and fed we loaded up and hit the road. I had no idea where we were going and no input about the plans for the day and I really enjoyed every minute of not being in charge!

The great surprise was that our adventure took us about 50 miles south and parked us at the Cache River Rec. Area. What fun! Not only was there just a ton of beauty all around us, there are miles of hiking trails, and it is all Luke and dog friendly.













We spent a couple hours there, hiked about four miles, explored railroad tracks, saw the cypress trees and a giant oak, and just loved every minute of it. Luke even enjoyed the ride there and back for the most part since there were so many cows, horses and tractors to see out the window.

He was a total hiker, too. He walked a ton on his own, but kept his energy up and didn't nap until 3! I guess he is like his mom and dad - the outdoors energizes him.

The day of fun didn't stop there, either! Steve had arranged for his mom to watch Luke overnight (it took a lot of begging - ha) and he took me on the train to Centralia for dinner at the wonderful Centralia House. Everything was so great, the atmosphere, the food, the wine, the company...and then we went to catch our train back home - DUN, DUN, DUN - three hours later we boarded and got hom safely. I must say that I knew I married the right man when he was up for sitting in the CVS and reading magazines for an hour while we waited. Lucky me ;) definitely a date to remember!

It has become rainy, wet and colder this week so I am really glad we got out on this adventure. Thank you again, Steve! It is always nice to turn off my inner control freak and just go with the flow - Love you tons!

No comments: