Sunday, April 1, 2012

April?

April? Really? Wow!

Well, it is Steve's birthday month (and a big one at that!) so I am ready to find ways to celebrate everyday! As I type, Steve is getting ice cream with Luke after taking him out for Sunday family golf. Luke got a hat today just like Daddy so they are Titleist twins - and oh so cute! 
 Luke helped me plant a small garden this weekend! We have red peppers, basil, four kinds of tomatoes, strawberry popcorn, strawberries, radishes and a few other herbs planted. He helped me with some of the seeds, got a little annoyed when I gave him clear directions that he didn't like, then came back to get annoyed at getting dirt in his shoes and went inside to play :) He is really excited, though, to 'eat everything up' and to share the radishes that hopefully grow with Gma Jackie. Oh, and Steve wants to rent a tiller again just to hear Luke say "Teel" for 'till" again. Like when we pass Rustle Heel Winery :) And, Steve, thanks for being the muscle behind the tiller this weekend! I know you are not a gardener by choice, but am lucky you will jump in when needed!
The other night I got in bed kind of early and was reading a favorite book, The Red Tent, when Luke decided to join me and check out a recent edition of National Geographic. He laid with me for a good thirty minutes reading by my side before he was antsy and in search of something more exciting to do. I love this little snugglebug!

No comments: