Monday, February 20, 2012

My socks, mommy!

I call these photos my smilin-sick-snugglebug
 After a trip to St. Louis yesterday, Luke passed out in the car while Steve and I picked up Chiplotle (YUM!) I ate in the car and Luke woke in time to stop by to say hello to my parents. He looked a little worn out and 'off' when he woke up but his eyes lit up at a chance to see my folks.
So we stopped. And Luke would not leave my arms -which was fine by me :) - and as soon as my mom offered him a strawberry, he threw up all over me. Which, really, was still fine by me. Poor guy. He has never thrown up before (really) and looked like he was completely confused about what the heck was going on, so I tried to turn it into a little lesson, saying puke and different words and telling him it was perfectly okay to spit on mommy if he had more yuck to get out.

Then we went to get cleaned up, and in his sweet little dazed voice, he says, 'Mommy, my socks!' telling me that he just couldn't handle another second with puke on his socks.

We got a little sleep last night, he still has a fever, but is keeping down some chocolate milk ;), popsicles and enjoying lots of cuddle time, stories and cartoons. My mom sent a small can of Coke home with us last night to settle his stomach and when he tried it today, he smacked his lips and said "SO YUMMY"

The last time I asked him if he was feeling okay, he said 'YES' (with very clear enunciation as he does these days 'yessssss' and then said, ' I only want to do that two times...I will only throw up tantrum two times'

Hope so buddy, but until we know for sure, we will just keep cuddling, keep the wash machine going and keep learning about these new characters...The Transformers. Love you, baby.

No comments: