Friday, February 17, 2012

The Maplice Train, by Luke


It all started when Uncle Glenn moved to Kansas City. He went outside one night and heard a noise. "HHHHOOOONNNKKK". There was a train next to him. It had maplicemen on it and it was a maplicetrain. And that is what happened.

I just ran in the house to get this down. Luke told us on the way back from a wonderful start-of-the-weekend trip to Giant City where we ran around once he decided he wasn't too 'code' and found giant piles of gravel to climb. They were mountains and castles and all sorts of fun things. Luke would tell me to go one way and he went another but reminded me to 'just yell' whenever I saw something interesting.

The story stemmed from him telling us that if we would stop talking he would tell us the story of the maplicetrain. So, there you have it. Maybe the best story I have ever heard. Being stopped by the Makanda train on the way home may have been inspirational as well?!

And, when I came in the house while they went to town to have pizza, Luke gave me a kiss and told me very seriously, 'don't step on any worms'.

Hello, weekend. I have been waiting for you, and I like how you are starting out.

maplice- pronounced ma-pleece, meaning police
code - means cold

Uncle Glenn was here last weekend and the photos are of some of our fun driving to breakfast, eating at Harbaugh's and just having some fun at home. Luke loved having his uncle here and only had to put him in timeout a couple of times ;)


No comments: