Friday, December 23, 2011

Prep work

Luke has a real interest in the kitchen and is always willing to help out when I am cooking. We hosted out parents for a holiday dinner of pork tenderloin, pistaccio pasta, salad and soup and strawberries & cream for dessert on the 22nd. There was lots of prep work so I had Luke and my dad helping me which made it double the fun and double the adventure. I can be pretty bossy and these two kept me on my toes, but also made the prep work much more fun! 
 You can tell Luke was really into shelling the nuts. He was reall yinto throwing said shells into the backyard when the bowl was full :)

 He was also interested in taking things out of the fridge that were needed for his 'recipe' - really, these are all 'ingredients on my list, mommy'. So, he stayed busy with his dish and we stayed busy with dinner prep :)

 Then....we put together our first gingerbread house.

 I am glad that the icing that came with it was kind of gross (and really glue like) because Luke did focus on decorating it and not just eating it. He was really frustrated with me all afternoon, though, because he wanted to nibble at it and I told him not until his grandmas both saw it. When Steve got home that afternoon, his greeting from Luke was "YOU CAN'T EAT THE HOUSE, DADDY!"
Pretty cute! This is hopefully a holiday tradition I can keep up with each year :)

PS - Dinner was a blast, everything tasted good and the company was EXCELLENT!

No comments: