Thursday, December 8, 2011

Just Awesome

Above are several shots of Luke during his Pre-K 'Construction Unit Presentation' today. A couple are of him hiding in the shingles at the Lowe's field trip earlier this week and the bottom right is proof of our family fun at the bowling alley on Tues. We went to watch the CCHS bowling teams and ended up getting a game in ourselves. Steve and I loved using the bumper guards!

On to the important stuff, CDL did an amazing job of working with the Pre-K students for the past 15 weeks on a construction unit. Today the parents and family members got to hear about what the curriculum consisted of and watch each student present a piece of their work from the unit. Luke presented his house. It is tall and he is very proud of all of the parts. Even the tube for the 'bad guys to slide down and crack their heads'. That part is just off of the rooftop pool with a diving board and everything. Gma Jackie was getting kisses blown at her, Gpa Paul was getting kung fu moves aimed at him, and by the end he was whispering across the room to me 'Mommy, can I give you a hug?' He had to wait a minute, but as soon as the show was over, I was so proud to hold him in my arms.

Love you, Luke. I am so lucky to be a witness to your life.

And...just for the record, I awoke to the fridge light on at 3am as Luke had gotten up to get his cup of chocolate milk and settle in between me and Steve. I was squished between Luke and Star, who so cozily takes up half of the bed, so I left to sleep in Luke's room. Before I got the blankets on me, Luke was diving in with me and not far behind was Star. So, I 'slept' in between my little snugglebug/wiggleworm child and my bedhog snuggler dog anyway. At 4am, I was laying in bed wishing for sleep with a really happy smile on my face. Off to pick up my general contractor now! It is probably a good day to get a cookie from Larry's.

No comments: