Friday, June 4, 2010

What...a week

If you ever watch Chelsea Lately, you will know how to announce the title to this post. If not, look her up. She is crude but funny and I really think a long lost twin of my pal, Becca.

Now, on to the past few days.

Luke started the week in pull-ups. When I picked him up, the teachers told me he went to the bathroom all day and that he needed to come in underwear. So...the next day he had a couple of accidents, but yesterday and today he stayed in his original clothes and is even going regularly at home. Wow!

He is participating in activities, smiling lots at school (even though he is still a little shy when we drop him off) and smiles and talks about the fun that he has. His teacher is a darling woman named Miss Amber. She has her own two year old and treats Luke with so much care and kindness. I appreciate her gift with little ones so much!

I have posted two new pictures that he colored around the house and wore a "Luke made" necklace to dinner last night on a quick date with Steve.

Our date was actually Luke driven, since we have decided that he needed to have a race car bed as his big boy bed. I found one in a nearby town on Craigslist that was meant for a grandson, but he never slept in it. Luke got to have a delicious meal and fun visit with Gma Susan and Gpa Paul, and Steve and I picked up this little beauty for our sweet and every day bigger boy. >

We set it up before he got home last night and are pretty sure that he likes it. He actually touched the wheels and tried to move it around last night.


Thanks Susan & Paul for helping us pull off a really fun surprise :)
Luke was not interested in being photographed here, but his grandparents don't get enough blogpress so I had to post it!

School is an interesting change for us. I am sooooo excited to pick him up each day. He loves to see me or Daddy or Gma or Papa when we pick him up and he seems bigger and more skilled each day. There is no going back now. Luke is on his way :)

As I type he is knocked out on his race car bed. I read to him and told him he could play until he was sleepy but he had to stay in his car. And he listened. And this is what he looked like once asleep. He played and talked for about 15 minutes before I went back and had to search for him :) So much for my side padding idea...It was an adventure to wrestle the blankets away from him while he slept and put them in their designated spots so that he didn't lose weight due to sweating!

Oh, and he is getting more creative, independent (and maybe more left handed) each day...Presenting local artist Luke...

1 comment:

steetoa said...

Crude but funny? Who, me? ;)

I love Luke's new bed! Vroom vroom!