Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TWO babies!

I have been getting to know a neighbor who has a 5 month old little girl. It is a gift to have a cool mom just down the street. I would have LOVED it if she had her baby when I had Luke, but we will all enjoy this year together. Little H is precious. The last time we were together, Luke kept trying to throw blocks at her head. He had good intentions of sharing (I think), but the whole idea of gentle or nice is just going over his head right now (ask the dogs if he knows what gentle means - oof) Well, even while trying to dodge blocks, little H was giggling like crazy. Her mom said she had never heard her laugh so hard and afterwards when mom would pretend to hit herself in the head H would just laugh and laugh. So...needless to say, H has a pretty easy going attitude.

H's mom and I had talked about doing a babysitting swap every week or two so that we can have a couple hours to do whatever. She had a meeting today so we started off with H coming over for a couple hours, and it was FUN! I seriously do not know how people - I mean WOMEN - handle multiple kids 24 hours a day, but the morning went really well and really fast.

I was super proud of Luke, too. I held H all but about 10 minutes that she spent in his crib while I changed a poopy diaper and got Luke a snack, and he didn't mind one bit. He was so happy to sit with us and read his books, play with his new barnyard set, bring H toys, etc...It was really sweet and special to see Luke acting like the big boy. It was also wild to hold a little baby again...no maternal cravings kicking in, but it was fun to play with TWO babies for a couple of hours.

There is a baby in my crib - cool!



He is more interested in his books than the baby!



The adorable Miss H



We have his year checkup tomorrow (yeah, we are 5 months late, talk to the scheduling office about that) He will get a couple of shots, get looked over, etc...I am already eager to leave the doc's office :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I know right, how do people do it with two. Double stroller, diapers,attention...I could not imagine. I guess you just do it! Hope all is well with you guys, hopefully we can plan a fall playdate..maybe pumpkin patch..I can't wait for fall!