Friday, August 28, 2009

Fighter

The shots that Luke got yesterday have kicked his butt. Poor guy. He was kind of puny last night but still really enjoyed visiting with Gma Susan and Gpa Paul (so did Steve and I), slept really poorly last night due to a fever. I slept with him and was almost pushed out of bed at least three times :) I told him he is a bed hog when he woke up this morning and he just looked at me and chuckled (really!)

Cuddled, sang and read for over two hours this morning. Got out for a walk, more snuggles, a snack, a bath with me then rocked him to sleep for a three hour nap. I checked on him about 15 times during the nap and he did not move the entire time. I told his dad today (when he heroically brought home a good and easy thermometer) that even when he is feeling like crap, he is still a good kiddo. I was worried about a fever frying his brain so I kept asking him what a truck sounds like and he would give me a precious and pitiful Vroom Vroom. Somehow, that helped me relax a little.

He got to visit with Daddy for a while this afternoon while I ran out for some groceries, then Gma Jackie and Gpa Nick brought dinner and love over for me and Luke. Dad made great pizzas and it was fun to spend some time with them.

After reading six books and some backscratching, I put him peacefully to bed about a half hour ago (it is 8:30) and now I am just reading a little while I listen to the Terrier game on the radio. We were planning to go, but he just wasn't up for a night out so he is sleeping in his terrier shirt and hopefully will wake up in the morning closer to his happy active self. What a sweet, sweet boy.

Luke, if you ever read this, I hate it when you feel lousy, but I so enjoyed cuddling with you and singing "You are my sunshine" over and over. You ARE my sunshine and I love you.

No comments: