Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sugar

I went to the dentist today and had a no-cavity check-up. Always a good thing. Until the day that I die, I will give my mom complete credit for my nice teeth. She always made it known that taking care of your teeth are important and luckily she and my dad gave me some good genes. Oral hygiene is key to overall health, and having been raised with this knowledge, I married someone that flosses EVERY night, and I will hopefully pass some teeth tips on to Luke.

Having said all of that, here is Luke this afternoon as I put some roses that I bought for myself into a variety of vases. Let me add that every woman should just buy herself flowers whenever she is able. It is a treat, and you can pick the ones that you like :) It doesn't hurt when a nice lady is selling roses by the dozen out of a truck on the side of the road for $6.99 or 2 dozen for $10 :) Yeah, I picked my mom up a dozen, too! (Thanks for helping me take care of my teeth, mom)

Back to Luke:

I put warm water and a little sugar in the vases for flowers (another trick from my mums) As I was describing to Luke what I was doing, I thought of learning texture and put a little pile of sugar on his tray. He was more interested in the other toys on his tray for a bit, but then eagerly started spreading the grains of sugar around enjoying the activity. Well...after a few minutes of this, he decided to lick his fingers...Game over, folks.

He began to frantically put his hands in his mouth, then back to the sugar pile. Texture, spexture, mom - this stuff tastes good! And that is about the time I decided I needed to take a picture of my happy boy. On the afternoon of the day that I went to the dentist.

As I write this Luke is looking up at the sky for clouds and the moon, some things he learned about today from his lovely Gma Susan.

Life is good, Luke 'gets it' we like to say b/c he is already smarter than the adults in his life, yet he still loves us, and for that we are definitely grateful.

No comments: