Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bliss


I just watched from the doorway as Luke floated to sleep for a second nap of the day. It was one of those absolutely perfect moments. He was burrowing into one of his favorite blankets and looking at himself in the crib mirror so I could see his body AND his face reflected in the mirror as his eyes got heavier and heavier and as he talked to himself with sweet "me, me, me" sounds. Aaaaah...The summer weather and activities have warranted a second nap a few times in the past couple of weeks, plus he seems to be bigger after each snooze session so the rest is good for him.

Steve is enjoying a Father's Day nap, too, before we cook out with our parents and neighbors. He has worked incredibly hard on the continued project in our backyard from the storm mess and our yard is going to end up looking better than before the storm - silver lining, anyone. (The Father's Day feast was a great time. Steve was a wonderful grillmaster, Luke was the life of the party especially with his popcorn popper, and we enjoyed great company and food)

The picture above is from tonight. I played tennis during Luke's bedtime routine so Steve sent this picture to illustrate how much Luke moves around in his crib. Can you see the leg sticking out of the bars? He got it back in and is resting with his head at the other end of the crib now!

I got the all clear to swim and resume all activities today at my Lasik follow-up! Yeah...we went swimming tonight. It is brutally hot, but I am NOT complaining :)

No comments: